Posted 23 January 2018
At Trewithen Dairy, Cornwall’s largest milk bottler, our people are the key ingredient to support the next phase of our ambitious growth plans. We are looking for talented proactive individuals to help us in our journey.
We are currently recruiting for a Nightshift Transport Supervisor to support our current Transport Operation. The successful candidate will be able to fully demonstrate a high level of transport knowledge and a flexible ‘can do’ attitude. A particular focus will be on people management skills and the ability to deal with any issues in a positive and supportive way.
This will be on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, from 18:00 to 06:00, working across 7 days a week, 356 days per year.
A Class 1 license is essential for this role.
The role will involve overseeing all driver activities, maintaining the transport office and ensuring runs are completed effectively and efficiently. We are interested to hear from people who can contribute new ideas to help meet our efficiency aims.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Friday 23rd February 2018.
For a full list of duties, please ask for a job description.
- To manage all aspects of the day to day running of the department.
- To ensure all day to day operational enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensure all customer orders are delivered on time and in full, maintaining correct paperwork to specified KPI.
- Ensure the Transport Operation complies with all aspects of the BRC, DTAS and Arla quality systems.
- To manage the driver rota to ensure all runs are covered by trained drivers
- To report, investigate and record all vehicle & site damage
- To report on defects accurately and ensure PO processes are executed.
- To record, report and authorise vehicle maintenance & schedule P.O’s.
- Carry out daily spot checks on vehicles and loading to ensure all vehicles maintained to a high standard ensuring “O” licence compliance, hygiene standards are met, and vehicles are cleaned inside and out daily.
- Ensure all routes and drivers are routed effectively to maximise utilisation at all times.
- Monitor drivers’ hours and investigate and deal with tachograph infringements.
- Ensure good communication within the department and between departments.
- Ensure that drivers are at all times dressed smartly and in accordance with CFD guidelines.
- Review labour costs with the Transport Manager on a weekly basis compared to budget and work to KPI’s.
- Monitor fuel usage by vehicle and driver ensuring optimum performance.
- To handle customer complaints in a calm, non-confrontational and courteous manner. To take responsibility for ensuring follow-up actions are taken
- To actively and positively contribute to the appraisal process in place for the Board and to follow up agreed actions.
- To manage the loading of milk tankers as required, ensuring correct documentation is produced for the loads.
- Delivering milk tankers to local customers to meet specific delivery times
- To work at all times in accordance with the company’s Dignity & Diversity Policy
- To undertake such other duties as may be required within the general scope of the job
Closing date: Friday 23rd February 2018