Posted 15 June 2017
Location: Lostwithiel, Cornwall
Job type: Permanent/Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Initially reporting to the Business Technical Manager, this position will play a pivotal role in delivering the objectives of the business quality improvement plan.
Working closely with shift managers, team leaders, engineers and operations colleagues, this position will continue to provide technical presence on the factory floor and significantly influence the focus on quality improvement initiatives.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure CCPs are adhered to and food safety maintained.
- Ensure food labelling legality.
- Maintain product quality standards.
- Lead specific quality improvement projects.
- Through daily presence, monitoring and real time feedback, ensure full compliance with QMS procedures and good manufacturing practice.
- Support and conduct regular GMP and hygiene audits, provide feedback to managers, team leaders and give guidance on the completion of any necessary corrective actions.
- Coordinate and support improvement project, equipment commissioning, cleaning and new product development trials as requested.
- Provide appropriate training to the operations and technical teams.
- Conduct investigation and fault finding exercises.
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of food safety and QMS procedures.
- When required, assistance with laboratory management and administration duties, providing hands on assistance if required.
- Help to promote H & S culture on site.
- Assisting management of hygiene standards.
- Conduct validation exercises for the HACCP team.
- Customer complaint cpmu
- Micro KPIs e.g. Pre-incubated enteros and shelf life
- Other specific measures e.g. Arla 3rd Q
- Customer and third party certification audits e.g. BRC
- GMP audits
Preferred candidates will be able to demonstrate the following attributes and experience:
- Self motivated, drive and enthusiasm to deliver continuous improvement results.
- Tenacity and ability to influence others
- Good communication skills
- Supportive with a practical approach
- Willingness to learn
- At least two years’ food manufacturing experience
The project nature of this role will require flexibility over a five day week and will include, when required, some weekend and early starts/evening working.