Posted 15 June 2017
Location: Lostwithiel, Cornwall
Job type: Permanent/Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reporting to the Business Technical Manager, this position will play a pivotal role in delivering the objectives of the business quality improvement plan.
Working closely with site teams this position will continue to support to the factory teams and significantly influence the focus on quality improvement initiatives by ensure the site quality management systems and documentation is maintained to enable the site to meet external (BRC, customer) requirements.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- To assist the Business Technical Manager in all quality related tasks and act as deputy when absent from site
- To ensure Quality & Food safety practices across site are in line with customer and accreditation standards.
- Management of the following:
- Site quality management system, including assisting with the preparation and implementation of food safety and QMS procedures
- Site and customer specifications.
- The site supplier approval system.
- The internal audit system (refer to point 5 also).
- Maintain the calibration schedule with regard to monitoring equipment.
- Build strong relationships with the Management team and support functions and
- Lead and carry out Audits in line with the internal auditing schedule and other audits required by the department e.g. Hygiene audits, Quality system audits etc. to ensure compliance and completion to schedule.
- Active member of HACCP, VACCP and TACCP teams.
- Maintain specific site KPI measurements and provide updates to the site management teams.
- Additional support will also be required in the following areas as required by the business:
- Coordinate and support improvement project, equipment commissioning, cleaning and new product development trials as requested.
- Provide appropriate training to the operations and technical teams as required.
- Conduct investigation and fault finding exercises as required.
- When required, assistance with management of laboratory and administration duties.
- Maintenance of the H & S management system
- Help to promote a H & S culture on site.
- Co-ordinated and host site audits and technical visits.
- Support and deputise for the Technical officer when required.
- Supplier performance monitoring
- Site KPIs
- Customer complaint cpmu
- Micro KPIs e.g. Pre-incubated enteros and shelf lif
- Other specific measures e.g. Arla 3rd Q
- Customer and third party certification audits e.g. BRC
- Internal audit monitoring
Preferred candidates will be able to demonstrate the following attributes and experience:
- Self motivated, drive and enthusiasm to deliver continuous improvement results.
- Tenacity and ability to influence others
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Supportive with a practical approach
- Willingness to learn
- At least two years’ food manufacturing experience, preferably within a Quality/Technical role
- Appropriate Food safety and HACCP Qualifications
- Internal auditor training, Lead auditor (preferable)
- Computer & office based work skills necessary but a hands on approach is essential in the production facility
- In depth knowledge of Food Safety System (BRC, IFS,) HACCP, GMP and hygiene standards.
The project nature of this role will require flexibility over a five day week and will include, when required, some weekend and early starts/evening working.