Posted 22 January 2017
Location: Trewithen Dairy, Lostwithiel, Cornwall
Hours of work: 08:00 – 17:00 or 10:00 – 20:00 (alternating). Monday to Friday with weekend work and on call work required.
Reporting: This position reports to the Production Manager and in their absence the Production Director.
Trewithen Dairy is currently the largest bottler of the precious white stuff and also producing some of Cornwalls finest clotted cream. Over the last 10 year the company has grown considerably and is about to embark on the next exciting phase of growth.
An exciting position has arisen within the Production Planning department for a full-time Production Planner. Being a team player with a can-do attitude, you will work alongside our existing Production Planner ensuring all the daily needs are met in producing the daily plan for the site. Being a specialist in your field you will use the experience built up to help shape the Planning Department for the next phase of company growth. In return for the right candidate, an exciting career opportunity lies ahead with training and growth opportunities as the company continues to grow.
The role is a varied role which essential to the running of the site. Key responsibilities include:
- Creating and analysing daily and weekly forecasts for all product SKUs, for customer base, which include multiple retailers and manufacturing companies.
- Generation of daily plans.
- Liaising with customer planning teams to ensure their requirements are met.
- Managing packaging forecasts and ordering processes
- Liaising with existing and potential new packaging and raw ingredient customers
- Communicating clearly with all Departmental stakeholders and Management
- Working closely with the Technical team to ensure plans meet strict customer shelf life requirements
- Controlling stock levels to ensure no wastage and shorts to customer and operationally stock levels don’t impact on health and safety.
- Getting involved in business projects which will include – new product development and new business wins
Key Skills Required
- Trewithen Dairy is a forward thinking, fast moving company. To be successful you must have a ‘Can Do’ attitude, like to ‘think outside the box’ and to be prepared to challenge the norm.
- Previous planning experience essential, within a complex environment. Within the food industry preferred but not essential.
- Previous experience with MRP / ERP systems advantageous.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Access.
- Flexible approach to working hours as ‘on call’ work is required.
- Previous experience with hands on approach with customers and suppliers advantageous, but not essential as training will be given to the right person.
To apply for the role please complete an application form. Please send completed application forms together with a covering letter, outlining your interest in this opportunity and why your experience makes you a suitable candidate to email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 24th Feb 2017