Posted 17 May 2018
Location: Lostwithiel, Cornwall
Job type: Permanent. Full Time.
Salary: £9.35 – £10.15 dependent on experience
Closing date 23 May 2018
Due to departmental restructure an exciting position has arisen within the Technical Department for a full-time Laboratory Team Leader.
A team player with a can-do attitude, you will work within a small team carrying out routine testing on all of products as required, ensuring food safety, quality and legality are maintained, promoting a culture of continuous improvement and supporting the teams where necessary to achieve the Company’s long term goals.
Full training will be provided to the right candidate.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Day to day management of the site Laboratory, providing daily reports to the Technical Officer in relation to any product quality or production issues and any general issues regarding the Laboratory
- Review results daily reporting any out of specification results ensuring paperwork and records are legible and accurate and all testing is completed on time
- Provide cover for laboratory functions as required, e.g. holiday and sickness cover, day-to-day and in exceptional circumstances
- Active involvement with managers and other Team Leaders in relation to Quality and Food Safety issues
- Promote good manufacturing and health & safety standards both within the Laboratory and to the wider factory team
- Provide support to other departments in the implementation of new/changed procedures/processes as required
- Manage day to day ordering and stock control of laboratory consumables
- Ensure the laboratory team are fully trained and kept abreast of any changes to their working practices and procedures
- Routine maintenance/calibration checks of key site and laboratory equipment against agreed schedule
- Quarantine product and retest as needed
- Participate in site GMP audits as required
- Participate in site projects as required
- Maintain GMP/hygiene standards of laboratory and other environs as required.
- Work within site quality and Health & Safety requirements maintaining the needs of eternal requirements (legal, customer, BRC and 18001)
- Maintain a culture of discipline throughout the team
- An element of flexibility is required as this will require some out of hours/weekend work as required by the needs of the business
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- IT skills – Excel, Word and preferably Access databases
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Strong commitment towards people, quality and profit
- Ability to lead by example with regard to site standards
- Respect for colleagues and their needs and requirements
- Promote inter-departmental team work and aim to exceed customer and company expectations
- Work to high standards of health and safety at all times
To apply, please download and complete the application form below and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Applications, Trewithen Dairy, Greymare Farm, Lostwithiel PL22 0LW