Posted 22 August 2017
Location: Lostwithiel, Cornwall
Job type: Various shift patterns available
Trewithen Dairy will provide all your training requirements.
At Trewithen Dairy, Cornwall’s largest milk bottler our people are the key ingredient to support the next phase of our ambitious growth plans. Our business is expanding and we are looking for talented proactive individuals to help us on our journey.
The bottling Hall is about maximising efficiency. Retailed bottled milk is a high volume low margin product with high competition through the industry. The Combination of efficient line speed and consistent quality & cost of the product is the focus for our team. We are looking for the right people to join us.
Reporting to the Production Shift Manager/Team Leader, duties are as follows but not inclusive of:
- Setting the machine ready for the start of production on time.
- Good communication with team members and departments is required to start the line efficiently.
- Maximising production through efficient practices and teamwork.
- Following procedures at every stage to ensure a consistent and safe product is produced. Particular emphasis on weight control, label data & presentation.
- Completion of paper work to record change overs is important to have clear visually of different batches of milk and packaging.
- The operator is fully responsible for the integrity of the filler. Reporting any issues to engineering immediately, the risk of foreign bodies is substantial if not properly controlled.
- A high degree of understanding and formal training is required to use the Scada / HMI system.
- Scales – use for weighing the bottles, this is a CCP and any issues raised immediately to the team
- Strong Team work ethic.
- Communication through the team and other departments.
- These are the main 2 points that will bring greater efficiencies on a daily basis.
- Proactive in support to current team members & training new members of the team.
- Continually look to improve; changes are encouraged but must go through management to ensure the procedures are followed at all times.
- Support to your team and both filler Operators within the Bottling Hall.
Like our customers we like working with good people, so if this sounds like you we would love to hear from you.
To apply for the role please complete an application form. Please send completed application form to email@example.com.