Posted 29 May 2018
Location: Lostwithiel, Cornwall
Job type: Days 6am – 6pm 4 on/3 off
Salary: Various available
Closing Date 12 June 2018
At Trewithen Dairy, Cornwall’s largest milk bottler our people are the key ingredient to support the next phase of our ambitious growth plans. Our business is expanding and we are looking for talented proactive individuals to help us on our journey.
The bottling Hall is about maximising efficiency. Retailed bottled milk is a high volume low margin product with high competition through the industry. The Combination of efficient line speed and consistent quality & cost of the product is the focus for our team. We are looking for the right people to join us.
Reporting to the Production Shift Manager/Team Leader, duties are as follows but not inclusive of:
- This is a physical fast moving environment where working as an organised team is important
- Constant communication to other team members, to ensure everything is required at the right time to efficiently and safely work
- Put yourself in the customer’s shoes; labels to be on straight / date code readable / caps on securely. Highlight immediately to the Filler operators any quality and safety issues
Must have good work ethic and high standards of workmanship, with a keen eye for maintaining quality product
- Any difficulties, work with other departments to find a solution.
Shrink wrappers & Plastic Compactors
- Responsible of the efficient running of these shrink wrapping machines on a daily basis. Highlighting concerns of inefficiencies to the engineering department and Filler Operators
- Plan efficient Shrink-wrap roll changes – through communication within the team, training and preparation
- At the end of production a full clean down of the working area is required. Putting rubbish in the required areas and ensuring the area is left at the required hygienic standard
- Support to the Filler operators will be requested at change overs and maintaining the Filling hall area to maximise efficiencies
- Strong Team work ethic
- There are 2 main points that will bring greater efficiencies on a daily basis:
- High attention to detail
- Communication through the team and other departments
- Proactive in support to current team members & training new members of the team
- Continually look to improve; changes are encouraged but must go through management to ensure the procedures are followed at all times.
Like our customers we like working with good people, so if this sounds like you we would love to hear from you.